project support and discussion
You are not logged in.
Scan only single Channel
You now can only scan single channels of a whole server if you prefer so. Many people requested this, because they only had rented or access to one channel on a huge server, so there was no need for them to display the whole server with VSpy.
You can read more about this feature in our help section.
Custom Size HTML
Most important update of the week is probably the new custom sized html output. Now you can enter any size you wish and ventrilospy will produce code according to the given dimensions.
It can be found on the codegenerator page, called "Custom Size HTML" in the display size dropdown box.
Custom Size Flash
I also spent a little time with one of my favorite tools: Macromedia/Adobe Flash. After some testing i got some flash that will fit to any given size. The flash movie comes complete with preloader, xml-parsing and scrollbars.
You can select this new feature with the codegenerator; its called "Custom Size Flash" in the dropdown box of the display options. You can also select a custom background color for this one!
The examples and codepreviews had to be remade and so i did that during the last week. You can find the current examples via this link. Just noticed there's no example for the custom size html output, will add it ASAP.
- added some caching functions to improve server stability
at the moment only servers scanned on ventrilospy.net will be cached. the cache expires after 60 seconds, then the server data will be received live again.
- this system will be introduced in external status request during this week
- implemented beta-version of the new user and account system
- slightly improved Server Statistics (note to myself: find new zealand flag)
- first implementation of paypal payment services
Please do not attempt to register at the page!
Registration will be enabled during next week.
- implemented caching on all ventrilo results (60 seconds cache)
formerly i have only been caching the in-page ventrilo scans, now all external html-scans will be cached, too. this still excludes flash and image tracking.
- totally redone server querying technics. now works with php-only and no external tools need to be launched via popen anymore.
- minor security fixes
- restored some of the hacked help files
- minor updates to the help file system
- updated codegenerator
- improved example pages
- improved custom colors and custom borders for many of the display styles. Custom colors will work in the most prominent output forms now
- first version of the xml-only output is online, but not activated yet
- slightly improved registration/login/logoff stuff
Soon the user system will go online. There you will be able to register/login to the page and create MySpy accounts. Those accounts will allow you to access the more sophisticated options of the page.
The whole system is still in development, and i cant give any ETA at the moment, but i think it wont take much more than one week to complete.